Wednesday, 25 February 2015

Finished knit #6: Easy stitches for a chic jumper

It's been a long time since I last blogged about my finished knitting and sewing projects. But behold! Here's something that I just finished yesterday (that I've been working on for the past 6 months, heh).

I've actually used this pattern before, but last time it ended up too loose because of a poor yarn choice. This time I made it out of wool, which has more body. I had purchased a pack of this South American wool, Lima, a while back when it was on discount, and it worked for this pattern just fine.

The original pattern is from 1936 and you can get it for free from Zilredloch.


This pattern is easy and fun to work with. The yarn is a little bit thicker so it comes along quite quickly. I especially enjoyed making the yoke, which is knit in one piece after joining the pieces together. 



Unfortunately as I thought I was going to run out of yarn, I ended up ending the sleeves a little bit short. Now I wish I had made them an other inch longer, since I ended up with a little bit of extra yarn. Perhaps I will try stretching them out with water.


The sweater is very closed at the neckline so it needs to have an opening. In this pattern it's made by adding buttons to the back of the neck, which I think gives a lovely and very 30's touch.


For the pictures I accessorized the sweater with a white collared shirt (from a theatre's flea market), gloves and beret (which are both modern) and a 30's pendant which I bought from our trip to Prague.




21 comments:

  1. Wooow so pretty, I like the colour ! Wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sara!
      I urge you to just go ahead and try, knitting really isn't all that hard. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a really beautiful sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh I love it and you are so beautyfull .

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful that sweater looks and how clever to make it yourself, I have just discovered you, and I look forward to reading all the other posts.. this really is a smashing sweater and you should be very proud of yourself..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you janzi! I hope you enjoy reading my blog :)

      Delete
  5. Wonderful, I especially love the color! It looks very cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renée! This sweater is really really warm. I'm just waiting for the right weather to actually get to wear it :)

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful sweater! You did a superb job. I love the colour and button detail :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kate :) I've gone crazy over this sort of yellow lately.

      Delete
  7. Erittäin kaunis tuo neule ja koru myös!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just seen this - wow! What a great fit, and I love that colour so much. It suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you any changes to the pattern? What's size are you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bust is about 91cm. I didn't make any changes :)

      Delete
  10. Such a gorgeous knit! I love the color of wool you choose; I couldn't wear it myself but it looks amazing on you. You've totally inspired me to try this pattern. Though I generally tend to prefer the 1940's and 1950's era clothing styles, the 30's are slowly sucking me in with some beautiful knits like this one. :) ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Boita Vear! I'm more of a 40's girl myself as well, but there are some really nice styles from the 30's as well :)

      Delete
  11. Aivan ihana malli ja väri neuleessa.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...