Monday, 13 October 2014

Veronica

I've just released a small new collection of reproduction clothing that is available in my Esty -shop and I thought I'd share a little bit about each of them.

1940s Butterick home sewing pattern and VintageFollies


First up is the 40's reproduction, Veronica -dress. I picked up this pattern a while ago and in fact I have used it once before. Maybe You remember this one:

Black wool 40s reproduction dress at VintageFollies

This pattern took a little bit of work to get the fit right, but once I got it, it was totally worth it. I really like working with this pattern although it does have a lot of details which amount to a lot of work. But I really like the silhouette.

Purple rayon 40s reproduction dress at VintageFollies by CheriseDesign


The reason why I hadn't brought this dress into my collection earlier is because I hadn't found the perfect fabric. But now I have it! I found the fabric at the local fabric wholesale store and it was love at first sight. The fabric is a very dark, almost inky purple rayon and polyester blend. It is quite heavy in weight yet not toot thick, with a nice full bodied drape. The surface of the fabric has a sateen weave which gives it a nice sheen, and with thin woven stripes. To me this fabric is the perfect fall fabric.

Purple rayon 40s reproduction dress at VintageFollies by CheriseDesign

The bodice gets its shape from a number of darts under the bust which open up at the top and drape at the shoulder. The skirt is also made with several panels that widen towards the hem at the front giving the skirt part a nice flare. I also like the pouchey sleeves that have been draped on the shoulder and gathered at the cuff with several pleats. 

Purple rayon 40s reproduction dress at VintageFollies by CheriseDesign

You can find more information about this dress here in my Etsy -shop
or here in my webshop

Purple rayon 40s reproduction dress at VintageFollies by CheriseDesign

11 comments:

  1. I love this pattern! Both dresses are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anthea! It is one my favourite vintage patterns I have :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cut and pattern!!! Love the color too especially the blue one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg, such beautiful dresses! You did perfect work on it, and they suits you so great. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely collection! If I had the money, I would order the 30's dress. Long sleeves are more comfy in autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) The fabric on the 30's dress is really lovely too.

      Delete
  6. Absolutely stunning! I love all the pleating details and the sleeves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress and great workmanship!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...