Sunday, 28 September 2014

1940s black widow

Hi there! Long time no talk - again! I just don't get many chances to take pictures of my everyday outfits nor are they always so interesting or new. Today my friend and me had a little fun, did our hair and make up and went out to take pictures of each others. 

I wore a dress I bought from Suvi-vintage fair last summer. It was the last day of the fair and almost closing time when I was doing my last round. The dress didn't look like much in the hanger, but when I tried it on, it fit perfectly - so ofcourse I had to take it home.

1940s black rayon dress at VintageFollies

1940s black rayon dress at VintageFollies


1940s black rayon dress at VintageFollies

The hat is 1930's and I bought it from a friend a long time ago. The shoes are a more recent find though. They're from the 40's and bought at a home and interior fair where I was helping out at my second job. I was just leaving for the day when I saw these shoes on the floor of one of the stands - what luck! And they are exactly my size too.

1940s black rayon dress at VintageFollies


14 comments:

  1. Lovely outfit, and your hair looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Evie. I used pin curls to create the waves :)

      Delete
  2. Great outfit, the cut of the dress looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, the whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This dress is stunning! I love that you went all black with it! It's so striking!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janey! :) This is definitely one of those finds that will be in use for a long time.

      Delete
  5. A really amazing dress, love how you paired it with the hat.
    And your hair! *love*
    love, ette

    ReplyDelete
  6. this dress is a great find. it looks wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome outfit! Very inspiring photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...