Friday, 22 August 2014

Green roses on white: a cool breeze of summer

Here's an other dress I made during this summer. These photos instantly remind me of the hot summer days. From now on it looks like we're going to get chilly autumn weather.

I saw the fabric a while ago at one of my regural web shops and knew instantly I had to make something with it. I decided to use this 1954 home sewing pattern that I had used several times before, and that was tested and approved to be a good pattern. The style, in my opinion, goes perfectly with this fabric.

50s reproduction dress in white cotton with green roses by Cherise

50s reproduction dress in white cotton with green roses by Cherise

50s reproduction dress in white cotton with green roses by Cherise

I used tiny green shank buttons for the front closure and the zipper is placed on the side seam. I really like the super wide, draped skirt. It's so airy and flow-y, although a tiny bit inconvenient for windy summer days and bicycling :D

50s reproduction dress in white cotton with green roses by Cherise

50s reproduction dress in white cotton with green roses by Cherise

50s reproduction dress in white cotton with green roses by Cherise

You can also purchase this dress for yourself on my Etsy -shop!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful fabric! He is perfect for this summerdress. I love it.
    Good job.
    Agnes

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a terrifically beautiful fabric and dress! The sweet, feminine little bow belt is a great finishing touch, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure this dress could be more perfect! I love the unique bodice and the fabric is simply marvelous!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful dress,i love it. and would share it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice design. Especially like the wind blowing the skirt up like a parachute in the last picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...