Thursday, 10 April 2014

Refashioning: Sun dress's new life

Hi there! Long time no talk. I've had a pretty busy past couple of weeks preparing my newest summer collection. Yesterday I finally had it photographed with the amazing ladies Jirina and Fiona from Pin Up Helsinki. It's always a pleasure working with talented people as things got done in no time at all. I can't wait to show you the results! Now I can finally breathe as I know things are moving forwards.

cherisedesign photoshoot at the Pin Up Helsinki studio
Models Vera De Vil and Fiona Timantti on the floor and photographer Jirina Alanko on the right.
What I actually wanted to talk about was this old sun dress I had had laying around for a while. Actually I have a huge pile of clothes waiting to be modified in one way or another, but this one was easy to make this evening as it didn't require much time or effort.


I love the fabric on this dress and I wore it for one summer, but I think it's a little too childish, if you know what I mean. So I took my scissors and chopped off the 2 bottom ruffles. Then I just finished the edge and ta-dah! Now I have a cute summer top to wear with high waist skirts and trousers.

refashioned summer top by cherise

refashioned summer top by cherise

3 comments:

  1. Tulipas kiva, pitäisiköhän tehdä omallekin mekolle sama...

    ReplyDelete
  2. super idea. it looks so good as a top. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! You've inspired me to do the same with one of my sundresses. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...