Sunday, 12 January 2014

Finished knit #6: Ten of hearts

Yet an other knit I've finished recently, well this one I already finished before Christmas, but only came around now to photograph it. The pattern is from Subversive Femme's Etsy shop.




The fun thing about this cardigan is that it's knit in one piece up to arm pits, which means no side seams to sew! Sewing up the pieces is the most boring part imo. Also it's made from an aran weight yarn so it comes along quickly. I also wanted to avoid sewing the sleeve seams so I tried Tasha's instructions for knitting seamless set-in sleeves, which were very easy to fillow and worked like magic (although I found it quite difficult to work with a circular needle when it was a little too long for the work). Also I decided to make the sleeves only 3/4 length as I find it more flattering - it leaves the most narrow part, wrist, visible.

I ordered the yarn from Black Sheep Wool from UK. It's Rico Essentials soft merino aran in red. The wool is wonderfully soft and light weight and it doesn't itch.




11 comments:

  1. That is stunning! I've been on the lookout for a red cardigan and this is just gorgeous. I need to learn how to knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noelle :) I keep telling everyone knitting isn't really all that hard. I didn't know what I was doing when I first started and now I've already made 6 (more or less successfully) :)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous !!! http://threadnoir.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely, and the 3/4-sleeves look even better than the original ones (ok, I would always prefer 3/4 to full length sleeves, so I can't answer neutrally on this^^).
    And I really like your outfit, the combination with black and the red belt is simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ette :) I was having a constant battle in my head whether I should leave the sleeves shorter or go long as I was knitting them. I went for the short despite it not being as warm in the cold weather, because it just looks more fabulous this way :D

      Delete
  4. So gorgeous, and what a beautiful colour on you!! It looks like it fits you absolutely perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen :) It fits pretty well except for the sleeves that are a tad bit too tight although I calculated the width. I realised I was knitting way denser with the circular needles for some reason.

      Delete
  5. Absolutely stunning! I've had my eye on that pattern but you've thrown me over the edge, I think I really must knit this now! Just gorgeous on you, and the fit is perfection.

    Also, I'm so glad my sleeve tutorial worked for you. What I usually do for sleeves is to split the sleeve sts over 2 circular needles, with half the stitches on each, that way the length doesn't matter. And I find my tension that way is much closer to my tension on the body. Anytime I'm working on a small diameter over a small circular or DPNs, I find my gauge tightens up. For what it's worth. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha! This cardi is definitely worth trying, it was fun to knit and at least for me it immediately became a wardrobe staple.

      Thanks also for the tip on working the sleeves on two needles! That didn't even cross my mind. Next time I'll be sure to buy two sets of needles :)

      Delete
  6. That is so so cute! I have to knit this now!! Thanks so much for the inspiration :) Ami

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...