Tuesday, 21 January 2014

Featured in a sewing magazine

How exciting! I was asked to design and make a 50's inspired dress for a Finnish sewing magazine "Moda" last autumn. The magazine came out this month and I was so excited to see the final photos of the dress.

The magazine includes a sewing pattern in 7 sizes and instructions to make the dress at home. They also wrote a small feature of me and what inspires me in my work.
The magazine is in stores in Finland right now!

CheriseDesign featured in Moda -magazine

50s style dress designed by Cherise for Moda -magazine
 
I wanted to make the dress simple enough for sewists of all skill levels to make, yet interesting enough to appeal to a variety of people. What do you think? Did I succeed?

13 comments:

  1. Your dress looks beautiful - I love the fabric and the cut is great. nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pattern looks lovely! Must be so nice to see your work in print, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel! Yes it was very exciting to have this opportunity :) I like it how they styled the dress.

      Delete
  3. Uuu täytyy tsekata löytyykö lehtee koulun kirjastosta, ja kopsata kaava ittelle sieltä! :)) HIENO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laita sitten linkkiä kuviin, jos päädyt joskus tekemään mekon :) Olisi kiva kuulla, kuinka kaava on toiminut käytännössä.

      Delete
  4. Täytyypäs hankkia tuo! Haaveissa on ommella jotain kesäistä...

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress looks amazing. Congrats on being published! I'll have to pop to the shop and get a copy of the magazine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats What a lovely blog ! I subscribe right away :D

    Love from Paris,
    Lorna

    Http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooo, siellähän on Siperianhusky! :) ps. Tästä kommentoinnista kannattais ottaa pois toi varmistus, niin tää ois mukavampaa ja helpompaa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great job! the dress looks great ... vintage and modern perfectly mixed in one pattern. i hope you will see a lot of girls in this dress in the upcoming summer :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...