Wednesday, 20 November 2013

Planning my sewing projects

I admit. I'm a terrible fabric hoarder. My pile has grown so tall it might collapse any minute. So I took out my vintage sewing patterns and made some decisions. 


Since it's the winter season I decided to stick to more wintry fabrics and leave all the lovely cottons for later. 

I've had this thin wool flannel fro at least 2 years now. I found it at a flea market. I was thinking about making a combination of these two styles: with buttoning, but with a 3/4 length sleeves.


This fabric I bought at the local fabric store. It is a soft wool blend in chocolate brown and light pink. I think it would be great for this 40's dress with the longer sleeves and pockets.


I also bought some green rayon blend that would be suitable for this 40's dress. I'm not entirely sure about the neckline though. It's perhaps a little too closed for my tastes. I could also just make the skirt part though. What do you think?



7 comments:

  1. I have simplicity 3010 in my wip pile. The button holes are killing me though....

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some really lovely things in the works! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice fabrics!
    And...I yet have to meet a home sewer who doesn't hoard fabric...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that has been going around :D

      Delete
  4. love the plaid fabrics. as always, i can't wait to see the results!!!!
    ...i hoard kind of everything ... bags, shoes, dresses, hats .... luckily, no fabrics - but just because i'm not a home sewer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I hoard shoes and dresses too. Fortunately I have a separate sewing space so I'm not cluttering our home with fabrics too :D

      Delete
  5. I see, sewists all have to face the same problems. My fabric stock is more than full and though I have a large number as patterns as well I don't manage to reduce it, mostly because life is so packed with other stuff that needs to be done before sewing.
    I really like the third pattern. Love the effekt of the gathered fabric below the two pockets, don't think this would work when sewing only the skirt. But of what use is a lovely dress when you wouldn't wear it...mh...difficult decision.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...