Monday, 11 November 2013

Finished knit #5: Spring Magic

Here's an other knit I finished a while ago. I "needed" a yellow sweater, like I "need" a lot of things or at least tell myself I do,  and decided to make one myself. I got the pattern from Subversive Femme. It is a lacy cardigan with instruction for both short and long sleeves.


I chose a 100% alpaca yarn because of its wonderfully soft quality. I made my swatch and measured my gauge, but it still turned out a little too lose for me, when I wanted it to fit snug like in the photo. When I talked about this with other knitters they agreed the yarn must have been to blame. It is really very soft and supple.


50s style cardigan at VintageFollies by Cherise


50s style cardigan at VintageFollies by Cherise

 This one took me quite a long time, almost 2 months to finish, with such small needles and a lot of loops. But I did it, I sure did!

Even though it's a little lose it's still very wearable and I'm overall happy with the result. Isn't that colour just delicious?

50s style cardigan at VintageFollies by Cherise

I had some wooden buttons left over from one of my previous knitting projects so I decided to use them for this sweater also. I got the buttons from Etsy.

50s style cardigan at VintageFollies by Cherise

8 comments:

  1. beautiful sweater.. now i feel like i need yellow sweater too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! I feel like I need one in every colour of the rainbow ;)

      Delete
  2. Love your sweater! The color is just delicious! I love alpaca yarn, it's one of my favourites to knit with. Getting the right fit, even after knitting swatches en making calculations, is still difficult in my opinion. I think experience is the best teacher in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, especially if there's a pattern cause you never know how the pattern will affect the finished gauge. Next time I will choose a different yarn and see if that makes any difference - like merino wool, which is also very soft and wonderful.

      Delete
  3. You look fantastic and the sweater is so wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing on you! (That yellow is definitely your colour) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...