Wednesday, 18 September 2013

Autumn glamour: 50's knit suit

This is one of those finds I'm very happy and exited about and that I'm probably going to love to pieces. I bought this 50's knit suit off Etsy last summer. These usually cost a small fortune, but this one very reasonably priced. I had been wanting one for a long time, so I was very happy to come across this one at Jane's Vintage.

 It's perfect for the weather we're having right now (minus the drizzle) - a little chilly, but not quite cold enough for a coat. 

50s Lofties knit suit at Vintage Follies

50s Lofties knit suit at Vintage Follies

I paired the suit with a fuzzy beret and leather gloves. I had to go buy new gloves as I lost my old ones last spring on a parking lot, bummer. Yesterday was till good enough weather to wear my favourite pumps from Clarks, but now it looks like it's time to bring out the rubber boots.

50s Lofties knit suit at Vintage Follies

50s Lofties knit suit at Vintage Follies

What's your favourite autumn outfit?

14 comments:

  1. I understand why you are happy, It´s amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And the batwing sleeve is so flattering - to any body type! :)

      Delete
  2. What a great find! It's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. That is such a great suit!! You look lovely! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suits like that need the right figure to wear them--and you certainly have it! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ripple Dandelion! Now that you mention it, I realize these suits only seem to come in smallish sizes. Although I think the style would suit a curvier girl too :)

      Delete
  5. You suit this to a tee!!! https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous suit - you look fab!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look fabulous, I have one of these knitted suits on reserve for me on etsy - I can't wait to get it, they remind me so much of one Marilyn Monroe wore :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i go green with envy! i've been looking for a suit like this for a while ... but one hand i can't afford those - on the other hand the skirt never fits me (my hips are to wide) ...
    yours look stunning on you! what a find!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...