Monday, 19 August 2013

Party outfit: Giant camellias

Here's my outfit from last weekend. On Saturday I went to a burlesque party with couple of friends. The party was held in a small, intimate club where you could also order food and dine while enjoying the show: like I imagine it must have been in the golden age of burlesque. What made it especially nice was that there were other performances too, like a mentalist, which was crazy! And a very sympathetic 3 man orchestra playing Elvis and other rock'n'roll classics with Finnish lyrics. Oh jolly fellows!

I made this dress as a sample for my new A/W collection, that is coming available soon. I had bought the fabric ages ago from my local fabric store and finally came up with the right use for it. The final dress for my collection will be made in a different fabric though as, sadly, I only had enough of this for one dress.


Asian inspired retro dress by Cherise

Asian inspired retro dress by Cherise

Asian inspired retro dress by Cherise

Asian inspired retro dress by Cherise

Dress: made by me
Shoes: black suede from Clark's (only the most comfortable shoes ever!)
Bow belt: unknown brand from a fashion outlet
bangle: fabric lined resin from Jesse Anne Designs (no longer in business)
Hair flower: from a local craft shop

 Yesterday my friend did my nails for me. I wanted stronger nails so she put 4 coats of UV gel which makes them just strong enough not to brake so easily, but not too thick to make handling pins etc. difficult. Also it makes the nail polish super durable. I always manage to destroy the polish in only a few hours (working with my hands you know) so my nails tend to look really bad with chipped polish and all different length. No more of that, no sir! Now they can grow without braking and always look like I just polished them! Me likey.

How was your weekend?

14 comments:

  1. Love your dress! And your shoes are gorgeous!

    I have the same problem with wearing nail polish. It never lasts very long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those shoes instantly became my favourite pair, too bad the summer is nearly over and then ahead of us is a rainy and windy autumn followed by a long period of snow and ice. I would be so ready to move to the equator after about 2 months :D

      Delete
  2. That dress is ace! And aren't those Clarks comfortable! I can walk in mine ALL day. They're really good quality too and the heels haven't worn down from walking on hard pavement so often. They're my city trekking shoes!

    So curious to see your new line! :-D
    And your patterns will be posted this week yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they indeed are. These are my first pair from Clarks and about the only pair I've been wearing the past couple weeks :D
      The pavement is OK for the heels, it's the ice sprinkled with sharp grit that's a real heel killer: I had to get new heel pads for my favourite winter shoes twice last winter. Oh how I tread the coming winter season.

      Can't wait for those patterns! :)

      Delete
  3. What a lovely dress! I'm really digging the collar and fun floral print - so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that dress is wonderful, I love the cut and the fabric is so perfect, as if it was made for it. You look stunning!
    And the party sounds as if it was a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this dress is fabulous! you look absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress....the cheognsam style is so flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! Did you sew it? It´s wonderful! you are an artist!

    Regards from Spain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I sow this dress myself :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...