Sunday, 25 August 2013

American cars and Vintage clothing

Yesterday I visited an event held in a near by town, called Rautalankaa & Jenkkiautoja cruising (Iron wire (surf rock) & American cars cruising). I went there with my dad and darling. What a nice way to spend an afternoon, with my two favourite men. I even found a little something to buy from the small vintage market held at the same time.

What an impressive variety of cars there were! Some even as old as from the 20's or so. A few were on the market too. I wish I could have a car like that some day, but to keep it in down town city would be madness. Not only because of the lack of space, but also the fear of vandalism. Perhaps we'll have our own house some day with space to keep a nice car.

antique car

Vintage Chevrolet

vintage dodge

Rautalankaa ja amerikan autoja cruising

I found this darling little sweater from the market from Kätkö Vintage. I just love these American beaded sweaters! I already had one I bought couple years ago and I've almost worn it to pieces, so it was about time to get an other one. This one is quite heavily beaded with copper and gold coloured glass beads.

vintage 50s beaded sweater by Hsu Brothers at Vintage Follies

vintage 50s beaded sweater by Hsu Brothers at Vintage Follies

vintage 50s beaded sweater by Hsu Brothers at Vintage Follies

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely sweather. I can belive it´s little bit heavy with all the cute pearl embroidery. Black and pink is an nice combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it sure weights a little!

      I'm terrible at wearing jewellery so these kind of decorated sweaters are a great way to spice an outfit up :)

      Delete
  2. this sweater is a real treasure. its so gorgeous!!!
    these embroidered sweaters are so hard to find in europe and if you find them in the states they are almost not affordable. i was lucky to get my hands on one at a second hand store when i was in the states for 15$. actually i got it for my wedding but luckily it was more than warm this day. after that it got packed away safely - some times i don't dare to wear such precious things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although this sweater is from a vintage shop, it was surprisingly affordable. That's why I snapped it as soon as I laid my eyes on it :)

      Yeah, I haven't seen many of these in Europe either. And considering the shipping + taxes the price can climb up pretty quickly when ordering from the States.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...