Thursday, 4 July 2013

Suvi-Vintage round up

So last weekend was the vintage fair I also participated in. I was there selling my products for the entire 2 days. The event was quite successfull and it was nice to see friends new and old.

Photo by Anna from Red Lips Pink Apron
Unfortunately the first day was a little chilly and rainy which also reflected in the amount of visitors, but fortunately the second day was much better on that aspect.

There were also dance lessons on both days, old cars, old toys, music and a fashion show which I was also modelling in.




Photo (C) Taru Järvikallio

Photo (C) Taru Järvikallio
A dear friend of mine was helping out at the table which allowed me to check the other tables as well. 

Anita showing how to wear a head scarf made by me.


The second day I was wearing a wiggle dress I had made 2 days prior just for this event. I've been selling quite a lot of my old clothes so once in a while I awake to not having anything to wear. My wardrobe really needs an update.


I also ran into a few other people wearing things made by me - which is always a delight!

Jonna sporting the Marcia -dress from my A/W 2011 collection.

And Maria holding a dance lesson in her custom made plaid dress.
Elina trying on a vintage 40's dress from my personal collection. It looked so great on her I just had to sell it to her. I was holding on to this treasure with teeth and claws although it could never fit me. I guess it just needed to find the right owner.
I didn't buy much, just a few small things and a painted straw hat. I was ready to accept a few new vintage pieces to my closet, but unfortunately this time it wasn't meant to be.


Here's also a little video from the event made by Löytäjä


9 comments:

  1. Sigh, I wish I could have been there too. And the dress on Elina is really to die for! that lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dress, sometimes it sucks to be tall, especially when it comes to all those gorgeous 30's and 40's dresses. I guess I'll just have to make my own ;P

      Delete
  2. So much perfect stylished ladies on one place! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like an amazing event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad to have missed it! Next time, alas.

    Your hair colour looks so fabulous! Is this still all henna?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I had to seek help from science because the roots were much lighter than the ends. I applied Garnier Olia mahogany brown to the roots and surprisingly it's the exact same colour as the ends. There's still the Henna undertone though, shining trough in in natural light which gives it that orange-y hue. I'm going to continue using Henna when my hair grows and see how it blends with the dyed parts :)

      Delete
  5. Very cute post! You should check this hair scarf designer : http://www.rinatilakel.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like such an amazing event! I would love to have gone - thanks for taking pictures and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great set of pics, love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...