Thursday, 18 July 2013

Road trip #1: Finnish Fortress

I haven't had the chance to have a proper summer vacation yet, so me and the bf decided to do a little road trip. First we took my parent to the airport and at the same time visited the Finnish fortress in Helsinki. The fortress was originally built in the 18th century for defence purposes, but nowadays the island is mostly an attraction to tourists and is inhabited by ca. 850 people.

There are boats going to the island frequently and it takes 15-20 minutes to sail. It was a super windy day, not very cold, except for the sea wind.


Kauppatori, Helsinki

30s 40s inspired dress in chartrteuse by Cherise


 There are a few caves and tunnels left for tourists to explore and a great view to the sea, but some of the structures are closed from tourists because of safety reasons. Besides the ruins, the village is a lovely place to walk around and why not sit for a pic nic in the park. The old houses are so adorable. It would be a lovely place to live in if it wasn't o busy with tourists.

Suomenlinna, Finnish fortress, Helsinki

Café Vanille in Suomenlinna, Finnish fortress, Helsinki

30s 40s inspired dress in chartrteuse by Cherise

Suomenlinna, Finnish fortress, Helsinki

Now there's a house  I would like to live in!

30s 40s inspired dress in chartrteuse by Cherise


I had sewn this 30's-40's inspired dress the previous day. I foud this lovely fabric on sale at fabric.com. I've been spending a little too much time sewing for myself instead of doing actual work, ahem.

Suomenlinna, Finnish fortress, Helsinki





5 comments:

  1. I would also move in this house :-)
    Great dress, I really have to sew more on my own...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovelu place! The dress looks so fresh and summery, and it suits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the colour of the fabric :)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous place - and I LOVE the dress!!

    Www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...