Sunday, 12 May 2013

My next knitting project?

I think I'm hooked. Not only to knitting, but more specifically to 40's "victory" jumpers. I already have at least 2 knits in line, but I totally fell in love when I found this lovely style on V&A Museum's pattern archive and I thought this could be my next project. I just can't decide which colourway I should use. I already made my last jumper in red-blue-white colourway so I wouldn't want the next one to be too similar.

vintage 40s knitting pattern

You can download the pattern for free here

I used the Tricksy Knitter knitting chart maker to try out different colour combinations. I do like the original colours, but as I said, I wouldn't want it to be too similar to my previous jumper.

I'm quite drawn to the orange colourway, but also the black/red/yellow would be quite interesting. Which one is your favourite?






8 comments:

  1. The orange one is nice but it's maybe too 70's. But that's just me.

    I like the green colorway. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it looks very 70's, but still kinda like it :)

      Delete
  2. I like the middle two, with the green being slightly more my favorite. Can't wait to see what you choose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to lean towards the black/red one, but the green one is also a great option :)

      Delete
  3. Green or red/yellow are my favourites! (I wish had a knitting mania, would love to add more sweaters into my warrobe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could make them all! Perhaps someday I'll have a knitting machine and I can make several versions of everything :D (see how I'm starting to sound a little crazy here)

      Delete
  4. I like the first two best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely the classic red, white, and blue! That would be my pick if I was good enough at knitting to make that sweater ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...