Thursday, 30 May 2013

My new favourite blouse

You know when sometimes the things made in a whim out of some scrap fabrics turn out to be the most worn and loved things? I think I might have one of those here. 

I was watching the last Mad Men episode "The Better Half" and I just loved Betty's cute outfit at the summer camp. I just had to have a blouse like hers. I didn't have any florals, but I did have some left over gingham print cotton in my stash that was just enough for a little blouse, if I stretched a little. 

Betty Francis mad men season 6 episode 9 the better half

I had a 70's Stil pattern that had a pretty nice fit, so I just drafted a new collar and left out the sleeves and voilà!

black and white sleeveless gingham blouse by cherise

black and white sleeveless gingham blouse by cherise

The head scarf has been a pretty regular "hairdo" for me recently. My hair is in desperate need of - something! It would definitely need a cut, but I'm quite indecisive about the colour: grow out my natural colour or go back to red. I'm quite vary about dark permanent colours after getting a slight allergic reaction last time I dyed my hair.
 What would you suggest?

9 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the top and your outfit! As for your hair, good luck deciding! I grew out my natural color last year and while I like it and it's a nice change, I think about dying it all the time. It's so hard to not be able to change it daily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristin! :)

      I was also considering starting to dye my hair with Henna, but I guess the dark shades are quite hard to achieve. Red would require bleaching as my natural colour is on the darker side.

      Delete
  2. I love this blouse and have plans to make something similar this summer! I do like the floral inspiration one too.

    I like your hair dark, but then I am a natural hair colour kind of girl (or at least pretending my natural colour isn't changing to grey...), so am probably too safe for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helen! I think I might need to make more of these blouses in different patterns :)

      Delete
  3. That is so cute! The whole ensemble looks great together.
    I recently went back to my natural colour (brown) after being a redhead for two years and I love it. My hair doesn't clash with my outfits any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing about dark hair, it goes with everything. As red can easily look washed out with the wrong colours. The thing with dyed hair on the other hand is that it's easier to style when it's not as slippery as natural hair. Tough decisions :D

      Delete
  4. Have you thougt about going back to your natural colour? I stopped dying my hair some 6-7 years ago and haven't regretted it. My natural colour is the most typical in this country, very undramatic light mousy brown, but it looks so... natural with my skin & eyes. What a surprise :D And as a bonus I get less chemicals in my body & lose less money at the hairdresser's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've thought about it too, but I'm very impatient :D It would take years for the length I have now. I think I might try to find a non-PPD haircolour I could start using every few months in order to stay dark.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...