Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Finished knit #4: Rainbow Jumper

Ha! I was finally able to finish this knit I started pretty much one and half months ago. I fell in love with the design at first sight and just had to get my own version. I first saw this Rainbow jumper on the blog 1940's Style For You and followed the lead to the author's Facebook shop where you can also buy the pattern: here.



The instructions were for a teeny-weeny 32 inch bust so naturally I had to add some width to it. I used a 100% alpaca yarn from Hjerte Alpaca. It's impossible to tell which colours were used for the original, but I chose to use red, navy, sky blue and white. The yarn was so thin it felt like I was never going to finish this jumper, but I did! I sure did!

I have to admit I'm just a little bit in love with the jumper-

40s knit sweater made of alpaca yarn by cherise

Ok, I'm deeply in love with it.


40s knit sweater made of alpaca yarn by cherise

40s knit sweater made of alpaca yarn by cherise

As you can see, the spring is quite late and we still don't have any leaves on the trees. It's was, however, warm enough to survive 10 minutes without a jacket to snap a few photos.

15 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, beautiful job and you wear it so well! you really have that vintage silhouette, not to mention the look ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, Mrs. Neu, you're too kind :)

      Delete
  3. Love it, looks amazing on you! I wish I could knit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan :) Knitting is actually not that hard, you just need a little patience :)

      Delete
  4. The vintage pattern is lovely, but seeing it all made up and in color is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm tempted to try it in other colour schemes as well, but being as much work as it is... we'll see :)

      Delete
  5. That's really cute! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is just stunning! I really need to improve my knitting - that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous jumper! I love the colours :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the look, and you have a wonderfull silhouette! I would definately like to trye out this look, but not shure how a highwaisted pencil skirt and a short waistet, tight sweather would look on me whit a "little ekstra" around the waist.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This sweater could be easily knitted longer on the torso as there are no increases :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...