Monday, 25 February 2013

Finished knit #2

Remember this knit I was making I showed in my previous post? The chick jumper of the 30's that I found over at Subversive Femme?

Edit: This pattern was actually found at Zilredloh! I'm sorry for the mix-up and if someone went looking for this pattern and not finding it.
Both do have a bunch of lovely freebies available!

It's finished!

As I mentioned in my earlier post I used an all cotton yarn from Marks & Kattens. The cotton actually worked out pretty well for this style although I was worried it might turn out too floppy. And the nice thing was that it didn't need to be blocked. That's like the most annoying thing with knitting - right after having to hide the yarn ends in the knit.

Orange 30s repro knitted jumper by Cherise

The sweater was fun and quite fast to knit and I really like the surface of the moss stitch. The size matches the one given on the instructions, which were mostly easy to follow. 

Orange 30s repro knitted jumper by Cherise

It didn't go exactly perfect though: The needle sizes in the instructions were British, but I forgot that the larger sized needles are actually the smaller ones, soo I kind of knit the ribbing with the wrong needles and it turned out too lose. Fortunately I found a solution and sew a soft elastic band on the waist on the inside. It works!


The buttons I found on Etsy from AddVintage and they're real genuine 40's! I think I emptied their stock on the red ones, but they do have tons of other nice vintage buttons. I actually bought these to go with the red cardigan from my last post, but the colour didn't match. Fortunately it was a perfect match with this one!

Orange 30s repro knitted jumper by Cherise


Now what should I knit next. Perhaps this one in moss or olive green?


8 comments:

  1. I love this sweater. If it were mine, I'd be wearing it just about every day:) Fantastic job! You inspire me to want to knit. Love, love, love, it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Joanna! I'm glad if I can inspire someone to create something with their hands :)

      I'll have to wait for a warmer weather to wear this one though, unless I wear it with a cardigan.

      Delete
  2. So cute! At the moment I'm just so excited about the SUN, I almost forgot it's still winter out there and the knitted season is not over yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Lovely shape and color. Moss green would be my choice. Happy knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tuo kuminauhahan on loistava idea! Pitääpä pistää korvan taakse :D Voi kumpa mäkin jaksaisin neuloa jonkun ihanan puseron... mutta mun pitää jaksaa neuloa kerralla paaaaaaljon enemmän silmukoita yhtä puseroo varten kuin sun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paitsi jos käyttää paksumpaa lankaa ;)

      Delete
  5. It looks incredible! You are so talented! I definitely need to master knitting... Your blog is so inspiring!
    -Oakley Seal
    www.thriftedthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Oakley Seal, I'm flattered :)

      Knitting is actually quite fun and a perfect way to avoid less fun chores such as cleaning, ehm.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...