Monday, 28 January 2013

Stashbusting sewalong: Sorting out the stash

So I pulled out some of my more summery fabrics in my stash to start planning my stashbusting projects. I have a box full of wools waiting to be turned into skirt etc. but I'm so fed up with this everlasting winter by now I just want to think summery dress thoughts.

Here's a pile of cottons I should try to get rid of. 


From top to bottom:
-Olive green cotton-rayon fabric I bought for a maxi dress
-Blue batik fabric I already decided I'm going to sell as it's the wrong kind of blue for me.
- Gray and white tiny hounds tooth fabric I got form a friend. Would make a lovely 50's style wiggle dress
-A pair of old curtains I got for free. I was planning to make a 50's style summer dress.
- Lingonberry print cotton I bought at a thrift store
-Mexican style cotton also from a thrift store

I'm going to try to use at least 2 of these fabrics before summer. Hopefully more. 
 


I was thinking about using the lingonberry cotton for this 40s style dress. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. I think ypu should forget about that dress and send that berry-print fabric to me! Gee, thats pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's just the right style for that print. BTW your blue batik looks like it could suit me ;) (but I already have a pile of summery prints waiting so...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if you're interested in the fabric, I'm selling it at Vintagevaatteiden kirpputori on Facebook :)

      Delete
  3. That would be so PERFECT!! and definitely look forward to the result
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This fabric will be perfect!!! Dying to see you wearing this home made dress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...