Tuesday, 2 October 2012

My new winter coat

I just finished my new winter coat yesterday. I didn't really need one, but ofcourse I had to get one to match my new shoes I won from a Miss L Fire photo contest (I'll show you the shoes later).

I drafted the pattern myself and I'm pretty pleased with the outcome. Only thing I will have to fix in the pattern is lowering the front of the neckline a bit as it feels a tad bit too tight (I had to place the first button lower than I had intended because of this). I used a heavy weight coating wool and had the buttons covered with self fabric. Leo patterned buttons would have been a fun addition, but maybe I'll change them later, if I find a suitable fabric.





Hat: vintage from a car boot sale
Coat: self made
Shoes: Miss L Fire

14 comments:

  1. Looks super good :) Now I need a new coat too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the coat is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hieno kuva! Upea takki! Nätti nainen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made that coat?! Wow, that is a real beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I made it myself from scratch :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Cherise! i've just discovered your blog:)
    You look wonderful,i fell in love with your coat. You are an artist.
    Love,
    Lorena Be-Bop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lorena and welcome aboard! :)

      Delete
  6. How tremendously lovely! Princess cut winter coats are my all-time favourite - they just hug and elevate a woman's nature shape so beautifully.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. this coat is fabulous. i'm totally in love with this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cherise! You know, I am trying to recall that movie where I saw Nicole Kidman wearing a coat closely similar to yours. Pairing that coat with that beret is stunning! Hope to see more of your blogs about coats and different accessories!

    Joel Salmon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joel,
      I don't think I've seen that movie. If it pops into your mind, let me know :)

      Delete
  9. Love the coat. Its fabulous and awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...