Sunday, 28 October 2012

Her night literally ended in the gutter

Last night we went out to celebrate Halloween. There was a Halloween themed burlesque party at a club with several great performances. I didn't bring my camera to the club as it's a very dim place so I knew I wasn't going to get good photos of the show.

I dressed up as a dead flapper girl. I didn't have much time to prepare a costume so I just wore what I already had. I bought the fringe dress a few years back, the necklaces, gloves and purse I already had. I just bought a bit of sequin band to make a head band.



I made up a bleeding wound on my throat with scar wax and water colors. I mostly used plain ordinary make up for the dead look. I had bought this blackberry colored eye shadow from Madison Street Beauty on Etsy a while back (they are having a 60% off sale btw!) and it turned out to be the perfect shade for those ghoulish sunken eyes. I just applied it under my eyes accentuating the natural "eye bags", on my temples and under the cheek bones. I had some white powder from Grimas left over from previous years that I used to high light the forehead, cheek bones and nose. Then I just made up a dark 20's inspired eye make up with kajal and black eye shadow.


I made a fake bob and finger waves to complete the look. I'm starting to get better at setting waves, but it's still a challenge. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out anyway.

Happy Halloween!

11 comments:

  1. So cool! I am planning to be 20s flapper too, just without the scary mode :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I hope to see some photos on your blog later :)

      Delete
  2. U look amazing!! I love the 20s!
    I went as a non-scary Dorothy from Wizard of Oz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like fun! I hope to see photos of your outfit on your blog later :)

      Delete
  3. Love your costume!

    Christine
    www.couturebay.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you look so beautiful and eerie, really got into character! Love that hair and the outfit too. So glad I've found your blog :)


    I've just started my own blog, with a halloween post featuring an 18th century hand sewn provencal cape and a ballgown made by my granny who was a couturier in the 30s. Do have a look if you get the time and let me know what you think: http://kikiandthegypsy.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/into-woods-halloween-2012.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...