Sunday, 16 September 2012

Crafting: Appropriately kitschy

I've had these photo frames collecting dust on top of my shelf for over a year now, waiting for the right idea to be used and hung on the wall. I bought these from an R&R swap meet the previous summer for like 1€ / piece.

 

Not long ago I was browsing through my pattern stash when it hit me. I knew exactly what I was going to do with those forgotten frames. I took a few of my home sewing patterns home and scanned the art work on my computer. I then cut off the background and cleaned any extra mess from the image and printed them out on sturdy paper.


As for the frames I bought déco spray from a craft shop and spray painted them blue and pink.


Then I just cut the paper to fit the frame and ta-da! My new deco pictures are ready to hang. I just need to go buy photo stickers as I don't want to make any more holes on the walls.



7 comments:

  1. Oh stunning!! :) And a great idea indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! What a great idea to turn old patterns into wall art!

    -megan
    earthcolored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ihan huippu idea! :) Tosi kivat tuli nuista, miulle ei ite asiassa tullu mieleen skannaaminen, kun mietin juurikin Stil- kaavojen kuvien käyttöä sisustuksessa. :>>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos, Vivian! Omiin kehyksiini kaavalehdet eivät olisi ihan riittäneet ja sainpahan siistit, rypyttömät kuvat ^^

      Delete
  4. Tosi kivat nuo kuvat ja koko idea!

    Pienten taulujen yms ripustamiseen olen käyttänyt tämmöisiä http://solutions.3msuomi.fi/wps/portal/3M/fi_FI/EU-Command/Home/ Pitävät mainiosti mutta irtoavat ihan aikuistenoikeasti ilman mitään jälkiä tai tahroja. Noilla on sekä koukkuja että noita tarranauhamaisia kiinnityshommeleita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos vinkistä, Mirja! Täytyykin katsastaa nuo :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...