Sunday, 4 March 2012

Sew Cinematic -challenge

Päätin ottaa osaa ompeluhaasteeseen. En ole ennen osallistunut tällaisiin, mutta aihe kuulosti hauskalta. Sew Cinematic -haasteen tarkoituksena on valmistaa jokin vaatekappale mistä tahansa elokuvasta. Kategorioita on useita upeista mekoista neuleisiin ja asusteisiin.

***

I took part in a sewing challenge. I've never participated in one before, but this one sounded like so much fun. The idea is to make at least one garment from any movie of your preference. There are several categories from frocks to sweaters and accessories.

Rhinestones and Telephones -blogin Sarah on yksi haasteen vetäjistä.
Sarah from Rhinestones and Telephones is one of the leaders of this challenge.
Yksi viimeisimmistä näkemistäni epookkielokuvista oli The Help, josta erityisesti jäi mieleen Hilly Holbrookin pinkkikukallinen mekko. Vaikka Hilly olikin elokuvassa aivan kamala eukko, olivat hänen vaatteensa ehkä kaikista ihanimpia.

***

One of the epoque movies I've seen recently was The Help, from which Hilly Holbrook's pink floral dress hit me especially hard. Although Hilly was the worst kind of bitch in this movie, I have to admit her wardrobe was amazing.

Source
Source

Vaatteet olisi tarkoitus saada valmiiksi toukokuun loppuun mennessä, joten aikaa on vielä runsaasti :)

***

The garments are supposed to be ready by the end of May, so there's no need to hurry just yet :)

5 comments:

  1. oohhh..haven't seen this movie but I love that dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was a great movie, definitely worth watching! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the book and you're absolutely right - Hilly is just AWFUL, but her clothes are amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing your version of her dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the movie but recently someone showed me the book (with cover from the movie) and I was struck by how incredibly similar her dress was to a pattern I already own! Right down to the same kind of floral pattern and colours, and the bow under the yoke neckline! There are some differences, but check it out! It's new look 6799.
    It might be a good place to start to recreate the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tip, Johanna. Although I think I'm going to draw the pattern myself from scratch. Call me weird, but I actually enjoy doing pattern drafting :D

    Now I just need to find that beautiful fabric somewhere...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...